Coronavirus COVID-19 tax relief resources
Find COVID-19 / coronavirus tax relief resources including the July 15 deadline for payments and filing and links to other resources, continually updated
Editor’s note: This page will be updated as new information is available. Last updated 3/26/2020 at 10:00 am (CST).
The novel coronavirus or COVID-19 prompted tax relief provisions including the extended deadline and other health-related tax benefit relief.
For information, news, and updates about what H&R Block is doing during this time, please visit the Coronavirus Tax Impact page in the Tax Information Center.
For other information about the COVID-19 virus, people should visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for health information.
The Tax Institute's Insights
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) stimulus rebate payments to individuals
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) 90-Day Tax Filing Deadline and Payment Deferral FAQs
- Stopping scheduled balance due payments with the IRS
- HDHP and HSA relief for Coronavirus COVID-19 benefits
- Payment deadline extended 90 days due to COVID-19
- Congress passes coronavirus (COVID-19) tax relief bill: Employee leave, employer credit provision
IRS News Releases
- IR-2020-59, IRS unveils new People First Initiative; COVID-19 effort temporarily adjusts, suspends key compliance program
- IR-2020-58, Tax Day now July 15: Treasury, IRS extend filing deadline and federal tax payments regardless of amount owed
- IR-2020-57, Treasury, IRS and Labor announce plan to implement Coronavirus-related paid leave for workers and tax credits for small and midsize businesses to swiftly recover the cost of providing Coronavirus-related leave
- IR-2020-54, High-deductible health plans can cover coronavirus costs
- Notice 2020-21, Employer tax credits effective dates for leave paid related to COVID-19
- Notice 2020-18, Tax filing deadline relief related to COVID-19
- Notice 2020-17, Tax payment deadline relief related to COVID-19
- Notice 2020-15, High deductible health plans and expenses related to COVID-19
Other IRS Resources
- IRS – IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue
- IRS – Filing and Payment Deadlines Questions and Answers
- IRS – Coronavirus Tax Relief
- U.S. Treasury – Coronavirus: Resources, Updates, and What You Should Know
- State Coronavirus extension guidance